Sunday, June 10, 2012

In My Garden This Week


     Here's a lovely bright spot of color blooming on my porch. For those who don't know, it is a mandevilla vine which will keep blooming right through to frost. Last year I had a white one, but this year I went back to pink. We had a few wet, dreary days, so nothing much got accomplished in my gardens this week.

   
The pathway along the side of the garage is a riot of color with snapdragons, stella d'oro daylilies, and blanket flowers.
     The mock orange bush is in full bloom.


     And last but not least, this rose campion gets the award for tenacity. This old fashion flower is said to grow best in "moist, fertile, well drained soil." H'mmm. . .  Someone forgot to tell this plant as it is growing in a two inch crack along the porch foundation.


No comments:

Post a Comment