Saturday, October 21, 2023

Moovin’ Right Along!!!


 Yes, I’m moovin’ right along on my large wool applique piece. There are only three more sections to go!




As you can see in the corner of the watering can segment, I have the barn pinned in place waiting to be stitched. Some people glue all the pieces in place, but I prefer to just use pins though with such a large piece there has been a whole lot of stabbing going on. :-) Pinning wouldn’t be an issue with a more manageable size, but I needed to pin all 250+ pieces in place before stitching to space all the elements out.



This has not been a good foliage season. The colors are muted and frankly disappointing. These three brightly colored leaves are the exceptions; most of my yard is covered with brown, dry leaves. There are, however, still spots of color in my yard; I’ll wait for frost warning before dumping out my hanging plants and pots.



We are anticipating quite a bit of rain this afternoon though right now it is calm and dry. I intend to spend this afternoon in my sewing room in hopes of getting a few things accomplished. . . Fingers crossed. . .

Finally, for Emma fans. . . She went to the groomer on Wednesday and when I picked her up, she was sporting this festive bow tie.

Have a wonderful, creative, fun week and stay safe.

1 comment:

  1. You could tack the wool pieces in place with a bit of thread which would eliminate stabbing from the pins. The thread would easily pull out when you were finished stitching it in place. Emma looks so great after a trim!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete