Tuesday, October 24, 2023

An FFO - Raven by Nora Corbett



 Here she is . . .  my first completed Nora Corbett design. . . Raven. Try as I might, I wasn’t able to take a photo which truly captures her beauty. Because of the beading, I chose to have it framed under glass which is causing reflections and streaks in this photo. In person, you are able to see the three colors of beads: red, purple, and bronze in the flowing necklace. The skirt is embellished with swirls of bright red beads. The various shades of deep, rich purples are truly lovely.

This was a somewhat more challenging piece for me to stitch, but I have already picked out another Nora Corbett design. Some of her designs are quite large, but for now I’ll stick with the smaller ones. This one measures 10”x12.” It took about two months to stitch, and I am very pleased with how it turned out. :-)


It’s hard to believe that we have not had a killing frost yet; indeed, this week we will have temperatures in the seventies! Remarkable! This tree form hibiscus may spend the winter in my sewing room. 



Another surprise this morning was this blossom on the tiny rose of sharon which sprouted at the base of my sunporch. There is only about an inch or two of dirt between the porch and a row of bricks. Pretty cool!



Enjoy these awesome autumn days. :-)

1 comment:

  1. What an artful finished piece! She is beautiful!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete