Sunday, April 23, 2023

Thrifting Fun on the Cape with Friends


 My friend Kathy invited six friends down to her family’s summer home in Eastham for a few days of thrifting fun. The weather was gorgeous and happily, many thrift shops were open. 

Here’s our hostess Kathy (on the right) with her forever friend Kathy.


Here’s the rest of the crew. Except for Kathy’s friend Kathy, we had all taught in the Weymouth Public Schools for many years.



Nauset Light in Orleans


Across from the Coast Guard station in Chatman, I spotted these shiny, smiley, happy fellows.


Inflation hasn’t affected the price of these viewers; they still cost a quarter.


So, what did we do on our getaway? We laughed, shopped, ate, laughed, ate, shopped, . . . 

What did we buy? Well, one friend seemed to find a black top to wear on an upcoming trip at nearly every shop, and another found treasures to add to her extensive vintage jewelry collection. When we would return to the house each day, we would have a show and tell to ooh and ahh over our purchases.

What did I find? Do you remember the $4.00 watermelon pitcher that I showed in a recent post? I  found three pieces to go with it. Each piece was $2.00. . . ;-) Won’t they be fun to use on my sunporch this summer?


My best find was a bag for $12.00 with six wooden spools/bobbins. That was a bargain!!! They will be used in future cross stitch finishing pieces.


There were a few other small items. In total, I spent about twenty-five dollars, but the adventure of thrifting with friends was priceless. 

Part Two in my next post. :-)

2 comments:

  1. What fabulous finds! The watermelon dishes will be so fun to use "in season!" Those spools are gems in themselves and repurposing them as cross stitch hangers is brilliant!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Besides using them as hangers, some folks wrap batting around the bobbins creating a cylindrical shape to which a cross stitch piece is laced around. The piece can then stand up on its own.
      I really like them and for now may display them in a wooden bowl until I stitch a suitable piece.

      Delete