Monday, September 26, 2022

HRQG Quilt Show 2022

 Over this past weekend the Herring Run Quilt Guild held a very well attended show in Marshfield. I believe the number of attendees on Saturday alone was three hundred and fifty! I spent time stitching at one of the exits and had a chance to speak with some of these visitors who were all highly complimentary of the show. Quite a few visitors were not quilters themselves but indicated they enjoyed seeing all types of art exhibits. Three ladies were painters who were amazed at the designs and use of color in the quilts. They could not have been more enthusiastic.


Here’s my friend Maribeth with her amazing “Jack’s Chain.” She received a vender’s award for machine piecing and use of color. I asked her how many pieces were in the quilt, but she didn’t know. Let’s just say. . . a zillion!!! I cannot even begin to contemplate attempting a quilt such as this! 

Here are two of the three quilts that I had in the show. The first was a mystery quilt from the Crosstown Quilt Guild; it was begun before the pandemic. I love the colors in this one.



The second quilt was from a pattern, “Eel Grass and Eddies,” by Marge Tucker Designs. It, too, was begun before the pandemic. As I have mentioned previously, I lost my quilting mojo during those long dark days. Thank goodness the quilt show finally motivated me to get them finished. :-)


The third quilt was “When Life Gives You Lemons” which I made during the pandemic. Alex Andersen had a stitch along on Youtube using her pattern, “Sequoia Sampler.” You were able to use any fabric of your choice, so I decided the “lemon” theme would be pandemic appropriate. :-) (This photo was from my files.) I purchased some gorgeous tulip fabric in the spring and will eventually get around to making another piece using that pattern.



Now, there seems to be a problem with receiving notices about new posts on this blog. Why? Who knows? I haven’t changed anything. I have been posting on average once or twice a week. Anyway, if you enjoy this blog and I sure hope you do,  I would suggest bookmarking this site and checking back occasionally to see if you are receiving all the posts.

If you haven’t received the latest posts, sign up for the email notices again or the “Follow It” on the right side of the blog. If you don’t see the right column, go to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Browser View.”

Now, I know what you are thinking. If some people haven’t been receiving email post notices, they won’t see this note either, but I’m hoping that some might do a search for this blog, A Positive Outlook. :-)

What’s up this week? Well, Cluck, Cluck, I need to work on my chicken quilt. All twelve members of the flock are pieced; but there is still much to do. I also plan to make an autumn themed project bag and a pair of placemats. I’m feeling the urge to finish a Sue Spargo autumn piece also begun before the pandemic. (Do you notice a theme here? I really am going to try to get some things accomplished in the months ahead . . . fingers crossed.)

Have a wonderful, creative week and enjoy this near perfect weather. Happy Fall, Y’all!!!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't missed a post. What a beautiful Jack's Chain! It is great to see your lemons quilt. Well done!!!--TerryK

    ReplyDelete