Monday, September 19, 2022

Busy As A Bee and an Upcoming HRQG Quilt Show

 


Okay, I haven’t been quite that busy, but I will use that excuse for not posting sooner. :-) I love this time of year when the Autumn Joy sedum is blooming and attracting honey bees. 

So, what have I been doing? Wearing my mask (I’m not taking any chances,) I attended the first meeting of both the Crosstown Quilters Guild and the Herring Run Quilt Guild which is having a show this coming weekend. You may click on this image to view a larger version with information. It should be a wonderful show. If you have never been to a quilt show before, come visit this one; you won’t be disappointed.


It is with joy that I report that I finally finished adding the labels to my three quilts. It takes me a l-o-n-g time to hand stitch the bindings and sleeves, but I have been working on them steadily while watching all of the coverage since Queen Elizabeth’s passing. The ceremonies, the vigils, the church services, and the processions were all truly magnificent, truly worthy of a Queen who served her country as monarch for seventy years. It was said that four billion viewers around the world watched the Queen’s funeral. 

I also attended an author talk at our local library and will be telling you about that soon. All I can say is “Wow!!!” More to come . . . 

Have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. Well done with the bindings, sleeves and labels! I hope you enjoy the show!!—TerryK

    ReplyDelete