Monday, November 22, 2021

Two Thanksgiving Cross Stitch FFOs and a Bit of This and That


I’ve added this Gobble Gobble pillow to this year’s Thanksgiving display. Here, too, are the vintage Gurley candles mentioned in a previous post. I used a scrap of upholstery fabric and a couple of fun buttons on the back.




This afternoon I ‘finally finished’ this second piece. Both cross stitch patterns were by Priscilla Blain of Stitching with the Housewives. This was the bottom section of a larger pattern, Gather. The pumpkin picture frame was from Hobby Lobby.




Speaking of cross stitch, a new needlework store has opened in North Attleboro, MA. Yippee!!! Pam of the always enjoyable flosstube, “Stitching in the Land of Good Enough” and her husband recently opened Stitch New England. Here is Pam in front of a wall of floss. This cross stitch shop is only thirty-five minutes from Weymouth, so my wallet could be in big trouble. :- ()


On a visit on Saturday, I purchased some floss and three patterns featuring Christmas ornaments. While shopping at Lowe’s the other evening, I had bought on impulse a small Christmas tree solely to display my cross stitch ornaments.  Let’s hope I get more then a few completed in time. ;-)

My plan had been to continue to stitch autumn themed pieces for the rest of November, but that plan didn’t last; it’s full on now to Christmas stitching!!!

Could this be the last perfect rose of summer? 


Finally, for Emma fans . . . Cuteness alert!!!  Here she is sporting a new jacket. It is lightweight, perfect for our daily walks. I just couldn’t resist when I spotted it while picking up her food at the pet store.


I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Stay safe.

1 comment:

  1. Your finishes are great and how nice to have a floss shop so close to home!

    ReplyDelete