Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Storm at Sea and Crosstown Quilt Guild Meetings


On October 22nd, David Sirota presented a workshop at the Crosstown Quilters Guild in Weymouth. The subject was his "No More Tears Paper Piecing" version of the Storm at Sea quilt pattern. I can attest that there were no tears as he led us through his "easy" paper piecing method. David is a wonderful instructor.

At today's meeting, Jeanne Y. showed her completed piece.


I also showed mine. I was very happy with my choice of a deep blue batik with purple, fuchsia, and green swirls which created a sense of movement.


The show and tell section of the meeting was as always great fun. Joyce D. made this flag quilt to donate to Anne M.'s efforts. Anne collects quilts and pillowcases to be given to the children of soldiers being deployed. Back to Joyce . . . Joyce made not one, but two flag quilts for this very good cause. 



After our business meeting, show and tell, and refreshments, it was time for our speaker, Elizabeth Sylvan. Let me just say, WOW! WOW! and another WOW! What amazing quilts she showed us. As seen on the easel, she created an amazing landscape from fabric pieces right before our eyes. She took us step by step through her process, and it was fascinating. Be sure to visit her website to see her schedule and some of her work in her galleries.  Her presentation captivated everyone in attendance.


2 comments:

  1. Can I say I just love your quilt, amazing job. It looks like you have been having a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank, you. I liked how that project turned out, too. With the turn in the weather, I find myself spending more time quilting.
    I love the knitting projects that you do!!!

    ReplyDelete