Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Paris Themed Table Topper



Here's a little table topper that I made for my long suffering, ever patient, good natured, always encouraging, flute teacher who just returned from a honeymoon in Paris. I was thrilled to have found  a small amount of fabric with Paris graphics.


In keeping with the French theme, I included a piece of vintage sheet music, "The River Seine." It's a lovely piece from the forties which sounds good on my old upright and will sound even better on her grand piano.  If you are ever looking for a particular piece of vintage sheet music, just ask as I might have it. (In my cellar, I have my aunt's music cabinet which is filled with music from the 20s on . . . ).

I told Donna her assignment is to learn "The River Seine" by my next lesson. I have three pieces to practice for next week, so I thought it would be funny to turn the tables and give her an assignment. :-)

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet and thoughtful gift. I LOVED the story behind the sheet music. You must let us know if she accepted and completed her assignment!

    ReplyDelete