Thursday, February 1, 2018

Emma Is Game Day Ready


No quilting to show today just this photo of Emma home after a trip to the groomer. Not only is she sporting a Patriots scarf but double, glued-on blue and red jewels on each ear tip. :-)  Too cute!

One of the best things that I did when I got my first miniature schnauzer, Katie, was to buy Dogs for Dummies as it offered a wealth of information for new puppy owners. One of the best tips was to train your puppy to stand on a towel to be dried off. It worked well with Katie and as you can see, it also works with Emma. All I have to say is, "Towel,"and she immediately goes and stands on whatever towel I put down. When she comes in with her furnishings caked with snow, she will stand on the towel until she is completely dried off.  She may have "selective hearing" sometimes when I call her in from the backyard but she is great at "toweling." :-)

On a quilting note, I have twenty-five blocks of Bonnie Hunter's "On Ringo Lake" mystery quilt completed. My goal is thirty-two, so the end is in sight.  Thank goodness!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wahoo on the block completion. Our four legged buddies figure it out fairly quickly what they "get" to do especially when treats are involved. Your towel command is a great one! Good to know that our baby isn't the only one with "selective" hearing! I'll be rooting with Emma on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terry, i didn’t hit “reply”. when I posted a response to your comment, so it appears as a separate comment on my “Emma Is Game Ready” post. Check it out if you want to see another “effective” command . . . :-)

      Delete
  2. My other command is “whip cream.” When Emma is too busy barking at squirrels and ignores me, I step out on the back porch and begin shaking a can of dairy whip. I jauntily call out, “whip cream,” and she comes running. When she comes inside, I then squirt a little into her bowl. I’m not proud of this, but it works. (Gee, I hope no dog trainers follow my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete