Tuesday, December 13, 2016

A Busy Week



There is usually a Christmas tree in this spot on the sunporch, but not this year. It will return next year.

It's been a busy, fun week so far starting with a Herring Run Quilt Guild meeting on Saturday. The show and tell was wonderful as always, and we enjoyed a trunk show featuring the work of guild member Marianne Karpinski whose appliques quilts are truly beautiful.

Last night, nine members of the Dancing Queens met for a holiday dinner in Hingham. These lovely ladies were all Weymouth teachers. The first time we got together was back in 2008 when the movie, Mama Mia, came out, hence our group's name. Now we are all happily retired, but still get together on a regular basis.


Today was the holiday meeting of the Crosstown Quilters and a fun time was had by all. I donated a Christmas basket with a quilting-themed mug mat, mug, pin holder, and stitch ripper. I came home with a jelly roll, thimbles, and a pin holder!

I still have three more things this week to look forward to. In between, I'm sewing for Christmas and keeping my feet up as much as possible. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun meeting with your Crosstown Quilters! That Christmas sewing time always passes too quickly for me. I hope you don't burn the midnight oil to finish your projects!

    ReplyDelete