Friday, October 24, 2014

Happiness Is . . .


Happiness is finishing this quilt top!!! It's been raining for the last few days . . . 6.7 inches, so I have been working on this piece. The pattern is "Happiness, " one of  Jacqueling de Jonge's Be Colourful" patterns. The Quilt Show has been giving its members access to an instructional video from Jacqueline de Jonge for this piece. As I noted in my previous post, this was a challenging piece. Today my friend Laurel came to quilt and I added the final double, mitered corner outer borders. Oh my goodness!!! Did I mention that this was challenging??? Yikes! Anyway, the top is now completed and I am thrilled with it.

Here are two close-up views of the background fabric used. The piece measures 32 inches square.



Having completed the piecing of the top, I can now continue work on my other time sensitive project. Meanwhile I'll be thinking about how I will eventually quilt this piece.

1 comment: