Thursday, March 7, 2013

Hyannis Getaway 2013 - Part 2


 

     Today I thought I would show you some other things that the ladies were working on during our quilt getaway weekend. Ann C. was working on the scrap quilt above.  Donna showed off her recently completed doggie  themed quilt.


     Isn't the fabric cute?


     Edith finished the top of this adorable snowman wallhanging. The pattern is "When Friends Gather" by McKenna Ryan.



     Judy is ready for Thanksgiving with "Turkey Gobbler" a pattern by Jackie Robinson at Animas Quilts Publishing.


     Laurel worked on pillowcases; this one features the solar system.



     Marybeth put together a quilt top. Many of us had previously attended a class at a local quilt shop where we made quilts based on the book, One Block Wonders, by Maxine Rosenthal. I also finished my quilt, but I have yet to add the borders. I hopefully will post a photo of mine soon, but here is Marybeth's. The fabric Maribeth used featured poinsettias. Aren't the results gorgeous? In fact, all of the one block wonder quilts made by my friends were striking.


     Maribeth also worked on these blocks.


     What made Maribeth the happiest? I think it just might have been this slice of molten chocolate cake at Columbo's in Hyannis Center where we went to dinner on Friday night.


All in all, it was a very fun weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment