Sunday, September 25, 2011

Eastham Getaway

     On Thursday morning a friend and I drove to Eastham on Cape Cod to the summer home of the parents of another friend. Another friend joined us and since it was not raining, we took a leisurely stroll on the beach.


     As you can see from my bare feet, I chose to walk in the water which was warm and inviting. On Friday, another friend joined us and since the weather wasn't as good as the previous day, we spent our day browsing in shops.
     Here's a lovely vista that Kathy took us to see, but I couldn't begin to tell you exactly where it was.


     We went out to eat, talked, laughed, and played board games late into the night. On Saturday, I had to leave early to attend a quilt program in Canton and missed the arrival of more friends. I had been really looking forward to this lecture and trunk show, but after two very late nights, I confess I could barely keep my eyes open during the program. :-) :-)
     All in all, it was a lovely way to spend a few days.


Update: My friend Kathy has informed me the above photo was taken from "Forte Hill in Eastham overlooking the marshland and cove that leads out to the Atlantic Ocean side of the Cape. There is a strip of land in the distance where the outermost house was." The Outermost House was a book written by naturalist  Henry Beston in the 1920s chronicling his observations of living in a cottage which he called "the Fo'castle." The cottage was swept away in the Blizzard of 78.





No comments:

Post a Comment