Sunday, February 6, 2011

Deck the Halls

     Is it too soon to be thinking about Christmas? Two years ago I bought the book Deck the Halls by Cheryl Almgren Taylor and promptly started working  on the project shown on the front cover. I had the background pieces done and even one of the houses, but for some reason I abandoned the project to work on something else. Well, one of my resolutions this year is to try to complete some of the many projects that I have started.  I'm happy to report I have finished project #1.
     I'm not sure if it will show clearly in this photo, but each window of the middle house has a tiny little candle. I used orange embroidery floss to create the bulbs.
     The book has ten wonderful projects. If time permits, I may also make the mantel runner from this  book.  Before I do that, however, I need to complete a Christmas quilt which I started four years ago featuring various Santas from around the world.

2 comments: