Friday, January 21, 2011

Nevica di nuovo!

     It's snowing again! I thought it might sound better if I said it in Italian. :-) The forecasters predicted six to ten inches, and they were right. I'd say we have ten inches of new snow. The nice thing is that it is the confectionary, powdered sugar snow which is easy to shovel compared to the heavy wet stuff of the last few storms. Is it just me or does it seem as if we no sooner shovel, then we have yet another storm? Oh well, we're hardy New Englanders, so we can take it.  Now Katie, my miniature schnauzer, didn't seem to be too thrilled to be out in the snow today. Usually I toss up handfuls of snow and she jumps around having a fine old time, but today she just took care of business and headed straight back to the porch while I shoveled the deck and stairs.
     I intend to make good use of my time today and layer and quilt this top.
   The fabric for the quilt top was in a kit put together by my friends Donna and Liz. The quilt will be donated to charity. The Herring Run Quilt Guild of which I am a member collects many quilts each year to be given away. I'm sure some child will enjoy the bright colors in this Paddington Bear quilt.                                          

1 comment:

  1. Any child would love that quilt. I don't blame your pup...I would do my business and get back inside as well. We've warmed up a little we are currently in the 30's compared to the week of negative nine were was having.

    ReplyDelete