Sunday, December 5, 2010

Contoocook Artisan Fair

Yesterday, my friends Donna, Edith and I headed to Hopkinton, N.H. to attend the 33rd Annual Contoocook Artisan Holiday Craft Fair. Donna purchased a beautiful basket to hold  a small portion of her fabric stash, Edith purchased some ornaments as did I along with a pair of earrings. After that we stopped by a smaller craft fair at the depot in Contoocook. A portion of the proceeds of which go to maintaining the depot site.
              
 There I treated myself to a gorgeous rayon chenille scarf.
           I have learned that it is good to treat yourself once in a while.  After this it was on to Daniel's Restaurant in Henniker for lunch. Wonder of wonder, we didn't stop at Quilted Threads, one of our very favorite quilt shops. We did, however, make a quick stop at the Pine Tree Quilt Shop in Salem, N.H.

      Now in case you are wondering, Contoocock, N.H., is about an hour and a half from Boston. Some of us bring our quilts up to Dancing Crane Quilting to be machine quilted by Suki Wright. She is one of the nicest people who you could ever meet and her work is wonderful. And did I mention that a trip up usually includes going to lunch and a stop at Quilted Threads?



No comments:

Post a Comment