Monday, December 27, 2010

Amaryllis

     The weather on Christmas was perfect and that's what we need to remember as we dig out from the blizzard we woke up to this morning. Fortunately for me, one of my wonderful neighbors has plowed out my driveway. Life is good!
                                            
     Here is my five dollar amaryllis that I purchased at Ocean State Job Lot. There are four big flowers and three more yet to open. Wow!
      On a sad note, my cute little pine tree, pictured in my previous post, that I decorate each year with Christmas ornaments  has become a victim of the blizzard. I can't be sure, but it looks as if the top of the tree has snapped off.  Darn!  It was a DPW sapling giveaway on a recycling day about ten years ago and has grown into a fine little Christmas tree which was taller than I am.                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment