Thursday, March 15, 2018

Fine Line Piecing Piece Finished


 Well, I did it; I stayed focused yesterday and finished this piece before placing my head on my pillow last night. Put a gold star on my forehead! The finished piece measures 19.5 by 15.5 inches. I do wish it could have been a bit larger, but I used every last possible inch and scrap of the blue hand dyed fabric which I had purchased at a quilt show a number of years ago. I had been saving it for a something special and this fit the bill.

I began this piece at the Winter Workshop Day held by the Quilters Connection Guild. This class was taught by G. who generously showed her simple method for fine line piecing. It was fun and fairly addictive. I have in mind another project for this technique.

Here's a close up.


This will give you an idea of the scale of the lines.

 

Rather than add a binding I chose to use a facing technique that I found on YouTube.

This is by no means a quick process, but I know I will continue to explore fine line piecing possibilities.

BTW it is unbelievable how rapidly the snow is disappearing. You have to love March snowstorms.

2 comments:

  1. Those are some tiny lines; but, they are wonderful against that hand dyed backdrop! Way to go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terry, it was time consuming but I really enjoyed it.

      Delete