Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend - Triple Treat



What an interesting, fun weekend Emma and I have had! On Friday afternoon, my cousin Brian dropped his triplets off for a weekend visit. The two girls and a boy age ten came with sleeping bags, pillows, suitcases, and a slew of electronic devices. :-) They stayed for three night and boy did we have fun.

When they first arrived, I asked them if they would like to have an upside down dinner. Our first stop was for ice cream at Hornstra Farm in Norwell. I knew that if we had gone there after supper, the parking lot would have been jammed with ice cream lovers. The children enjoyed the ice cream and seeing the cows and not surprisingly, they didn't seem to mind having their dessert before dinner.

Saturday was sweltering, so in the afternoon, we went to see Disney's The Jungle Book. Whether you have a child to bring with you or not, be sure to see this movie. After seeing it, be sure to view the YouTube videos showing how the movie was made. The young actor, Neel Sethi, who played Mowgli deserves a special acting award. I remember the first time I saw Mary Poppins and how delighted I was with the scenes of Mary, Bert, and the children jumping into the magical chalk art scene on the sidewalk. It is beyond amazing what filmmakers are today capable of doing.

In addition to visits to local playgrounds, countless card games of "Kings in the Corner," yesterday afternoon we met my godchild Kristin and her family for lunch at Tony's Clam Shop on Wollaston Beach.

It was a busy, fun weekend, and I loved having my young cousins come for a visit. The house is so quiet and empty now that they have gone home. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment