Sunday, June 14, 2015

This and That


I would have liked to park myself in one of these chairs and spend time with a good book this afternoon, but I was absolutely determined that I would weed the final, back corner of my big garden. This section was choked with weeds and vines, and frankly, I had never gotten to it last summer.  I also had to wield a sledge hammer to straighten the metal poles holding up the fence around the garden perimeter. The snow had taken quite a toll on the wire fencing. Sooooooo, I fixed the fence and finished the weeding. Yeah!!! The good news is now I have made some room for plants which I would like to move into that spot. 

By the way, I measured the big garden; it is 23' by 16'. No wonder I have trouble keeping up with it!!!  Except for a few cheery tomato plants, it's all flowers. The smaller garden with the solar fountain is 11' by 10'.


On Thursday, I had gone with a friend to the Lobster Hut in Plymouth for a late lunch and stopped by Jenny Pond to see  Mr. and Mrs. Swan and their babies. I kept hoping they would turn around and head my way, but though I waited and waited, it didn't happen. I passed the time photographing this yellow iris at the pond's edge.




This afternoon I also stopped to check on our new parishioners as there hadn't been much activity in the nest after Mass this morning. 




Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment