Monday, February 2, 2015

Snow and Joy in Patriot Nation




     I cleared half of the deck and steps down to the bare wood a little after 8:00 this morning. This is how it looked four hours later. It just keeps coming and coming and coming. I know where they are, and even I can barely make out where my gardens are, not to mention the buried doghouse which is in front of the tree on the left. Not even the tip of the roof is visible.


It also means that I need to keep shoveling out a small area for Emma. After last week's blizzard, in the last few days she had just begun to be able to scamper up onto the top of the snow. Being light, she didn't sink down too far. She won't be able to do that for a while.


Picnic anyone?


Backing out of the driveway safely will be a challenge for awhile. Let's make a guess how long it will take for these piles on either side of the driveway to melt.


Now to the JOY part . . . the New England Patriots last night won the Super Bowl. What an incredible game it was!!!  I was totally worn out watching it, and the last two minutes nearly gave me a heart attack. I've definitely been overdosing on the NFL network these last few days. Most of the experts had given the edge to the Seahawks, but fortunately, Brady and the Patriots proved them wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment