Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Get Your Shovels Ready!!!


     Here is the bottom right corner of the landscape quilt that I am working on.  It was impossible to find fabric with tiny blue and white stripes, so I decided to create my own. I put Misty Fuse on the back of a piece of blue fabric and then rotary cut very, very narrow strips which I then fused on to the white base fabric. The shirt itself was six individual pieces, and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.


I also have an idea of how I will deal with the faces which I may tackle next. After that, I'll "install" a few more doors and windows and the piece will be ready to be layered and quilted.
     As I am writing this, the snow has begun falling. It's expected that we will receive between six to twelve inches of light, fluffy snow coupled with very low temperatures. I'm glad the storm waited until today, so that we could celebrate my godchild's daughter's eighth birthday this past Sunday. All of my cousins and their adorable children were there for a One Direction themed cook out - eat in birthday party. Just last year the theme was Hello Kitty; my little cousins are  growing up way too fast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment