Thursday, April 4, 2013

Yikes!!!


     I've been busy and haven't had a chance to post. Last Friday and Saturday, I spent time with friends quilting. For Easter, I was invited to the home of my cousin's mother-in-law. It was a lovely day.  Since there was no school on Easter Monday, two of my favorite little girls and their mom, my godchild, came to visit. It's always great fun being with them, and it's a joy to see them playing with Emma. We played soccer in the yard, went to lunch, and then spent time at the park.
     Tonight I attended a program with friends at the National Archives in Waltham. The speakers were Kevin Cullen and Shelley Murphy, the authors of Whitey Bulger - America's Most Wanted Gangster and the Manhunt That Brought Him to Justice. Both are writers for The Boston Globe and have been covering this criminal figure for years. Based on tonight's program, this book should prove to be a fascinating read.
     Why did I title this post Yikes??? Well, let me show you. . .

.
     Yes, I've got snakes. The other day there were three of these slithery guys basking in the sun in my yard. Who could blame them for seeking some warmth after the winter we've had, but I would just as soon they find a place somewhere else. I'm basically a live and let live kind of person, but Emma doesn't share this philosophy. Last week she caught one and I had to take it away from her. I grabbed the end of it and then relocated it to the woods behind my yard. Yes, I've become a snake wrangler and trust me, I don't like it one bit. I know snakes are beneficial in the garden, so I would never kill one. If they just stayed in the fenced in part of the garden where Emma couldn't get at them, we could probably all co-exist. Unfortunately, they don't, and so I'm forced to move them. Yikes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment