Monday, April 22, 2013

Boston Strong


     One week ago today terrorists attacked the Boston Marathon. It has been impossible to tear oneself away from the non-stop coverage. Friday was a day of sheer terror. Never before have cities anywhere been put on complete lock down while police searched for suspects. Finally, the hunt came to an end late Friday evening. 
     Though the present danger has past, the suffering of the victims continues, and precious young lives have been lost. This evening my church had a special Mass of Remembrance in honor of those who lost their lives and those who were injured. It was a beautiful service with incredibly uplifting words and music. I was particularly struck by a verse from "How Can I Keep from Singing. . ."

No storm can shake my inmost calm
while to that rock I'm clinging.
Since love is lord of heaven and earth
how can I keep from singing?
   
  Love and goodness will always defeat evil and hatred.

No comments:

Post a Comment