Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Very Busy Day



     Wednesdays are always busy for me, but yesterday was even busier than usual. It started with  breakfast with friends at Stars in Hingham Harbor. Next, I dashed home to let Emma play outside for a little while before I was off to catch the 11:00 commuter boat from Hingham to Boston. A small group of fellow travelers from our Italy trip were headed into the North End for lunch. Along the way, we stopped to take a few pictures.




        Here's a peek into the Old North Church.


     We had a delicious lunch at La Familgia Giogo, and the portions were so large we each left with enough food for another meal.


   The next stop was Bova's Bakery also on Salem Street where I purchased some delicious pistachio cookies.  Here's the really interesting part. A camera crew from a local TV show, Chronicle, was in the bakery filming a piece which is supposed to air this Tuesday evening.
     We strolled around a bit more and then caught the 3:30 commuter boat back to Hingham which allowed me to get home early enough to spend time with Emma before heading back out again to meet my quilting buddies.  See what I mean about it having been a very busy, but also a very fun day? 
     

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderfu day you had! I love the puddle reflection Janice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful pictures... and day it sounds like x SO MUCH for a quiet retirement xx

    ReplyDelete