Friday, September 7, 2012

A Flowery Post

    Tonight I attended a meeting of the Grateful Threads, a quilt guild at Heart in Hands quilt shop in South Weymouth, MA.  As usual, there were lots of laughs and lots of wonderful quilt pieces shown. The air was still very warm, thick,  and humid when we left just after 9:00.  For that reason, Emma and I have taken refuge on the sunporch where the overhead fan makes this room quite comfortable.  I thought I would share with you some flower photos.


     About three weeks ago, the UPS man delivered a rather large box to my door. For the life of me, I couldn't imagine what I had ordered. It turns out that it wasn't something I had ordered, but rather a  gift for me. Inside was a lovely gardenia plant. I had repaired someone's beloved, worn, patched, antique quilt, and this was sent as a thank you. The directions said the gardenia plant needed bright light, and it appears to be thriving on my sunporch. I just have to be sure to water it each morning.

   
     Then on Wednesday I opened my front door to find this absolutely gorgeous rose arrangement which was sent by my godchild to thank me for helping her pack up and sort through some things in her mother's home.  I really didn't do enough to warrant this, but it sure put a smile on my face.
      I haven't done a thing in my gardens lately. I always seem to start the season out strong, but gradually I lose interest. This year I am blaming it on all the heat and humidity that we have had. One touch of color is provided by my neighbor's morning glory vine which has come creeping over the fence.


     The sedum, too, is in full bloom attracting many, many bees and butterflies. This was just a quick grab shot with my iPhone. I didn't even realize Emma was also checking out the flowers.
   
   
  
   

1 comment:

  1. beautiful... I love my garden and spend a lot of time in it.... usually! This year in the UK we have had the opposite to you and it has rained almost continuously!! RECORD levels of rain!! September has dawned fine and dry... now it is too late! Never mind will plan for next year instead... on the plus side I have been indoors sewing xx

    ReplyDelete