Sunday, April 14, 2024

The Eclipse, an Amaryllis, and Breaking Resolutions


 Did you view the eclipse? It was indeed pretty cool!!! My friend Marilyn had given me two pairs of the special glasses, so I invited my friend Edith to join me in my special viewing area. Okay, we viewed it from the middle of my backyard. We had 93.4 eclipse coverage in our area, so it didn’t get dark or even dusk like, but it did get progressively cooler. 


I usually pick up a couple of amaryllis bulbs during the holiday season. The red one bloomed beautifully around Christmas, but this bulb was still in the box and, frankly, forgotten on a shelf in the cellar. I’m glad I came across it while searching for something else. :-) 


It’s April. How have you done keeping your New Year’s resolutions? Craft wise the results for me have been mixed. I haven’t accomplished as much as I had hoped to by this time. On the plus side, I have been quilting strictly from stash, but Saturday afternoon found me at The Quilted Crow in Bolton where I purchased a pattern and a few pieces of wool for a new wool applique project. Had I finished all the other wool projects waiting in the queue? Well, no, but I just couldn’t help myself. :-) This will be a spring themed piece, and I am looking forward to starting it.

Have a lovely week.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't purchased fabric in at least two months. I'm determined to sew from stash and purchasing when I will use it soon! So far so good with that resolution! Seeing an eclipse is interesting. Having it get dark and the birds stopping chirping was something I will always remember. Love your amaryllis bulb. . .I think now was the time for it to be seen! TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete