Friday, December 8, 2023

Finally Featuring Fall Finishes

 


But first . . . Look at what we woke up to on Tuesday. It was the very nicest kind of snowstorm. The trees were gowned in white and because of the freezing temperatures, the trees stay coated all day long  . . . simply magical. The lawns were also white, but by 10:00 am the streets were down to black pavement. It offered all the joys of a small snowstorm without any shoveling. :-)


Along my fence I have four pairs of shepherd hooks from which I hang plants in summer and ornaments at Christmas. These ornaments originally decorated a fir tree in the back of my yard. The tree was a DPW eight inch sapling given away on one Arbor Day twenty plus years ago. I was able to hang ornaments on it until it reached about ten feet tall; it has since double in size.

Now on to two fall cross stitch finishes. A third piece is eighty-five percent done, but it stashed away until next year. 

I love how Fall Harvest by It’s So Emma of the Fat Quarter Shop is displayed in this frame which had previously housed a clock. The piece was stitched on an Aida fabric upon which harvest themed words were lightly printed.


Now here is where I fully intended to insert a photo of the second cross stitch piece. It has been stitched for a few weeks, but I decided that I was not completely pleased with how I had finished it so I’m redoing it and will post it next time.

Did you see the announcement of the Kona 2024 color of the year? It is going to be a soft minty green, julep. And speaking of color, isn’t this amaryllis gorgeous!




Finally for Emma fans . . . She was groomed on Wednesday, and the groomer later sent along this photo. They always take a photo in December against a festive background. I love this one!!! It is hard to believe that Miss Emma will turn twelve at the end of this month. Thankfully, she is still full of energy. Obviously, our daily walks are keeping at least one of us in great shape.


That’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

  1. That photo of Emma is precious! Congrats on the finish. I know what you mean by needing a redo. . .sometimes, it is the thing to do! I like your fall finished cross stitch!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete