Monday, November 13, 2023

A Visit to the New England Quilt Museum



This has not been one of our best foliage years, but yesterday morning after church I happened to drive by Legion Field and did a double take. The entire parking lot is ringed with these gorgeous red maples. I’m afraid they have been planted a bit too close together, but it creates quite an impact. 



Today, my friend Edith and I attended a “Meet the Teachers” event at the New England Quilt Museum in Lowell, Massachusetts. We collected brochures and cards from each teacher and learned about lectures and programs that each offered to guilds. 

I asked the museum director if I might share a few photos of quilts that caught my eye. She readily agreed and also asked me to encourage my readers to do come visit the museum in person. :-)
















Aren’t they wonderful!!!

My wool applique piece is nearly done as I only have to sew on the backing layer. I will share the completed piece in my next post.
 

2 comments:

  1. Those red maples are gorgeous! How fun was the meet the teachers? The photos of quilts you shared were wonderful.--Kudos to being nearly finished with your wool applique piece! TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were only four of the amazing quilts on exhibit. What struck me most was the amazing use of color in each one.
    Thanks, Terry :-)

    ReplyDelete