Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Rain, Humidity, Heat . . . Repeat!!!


 Rain, humidity, heat . . . repeat! Rain, humidity, heat. . . repeat! Add to this the smokey skies caused by the wildfires raging across Canada and it has been quite a summer so far. There are dangerous heatwaves affecting a third of our country and also across Europe. 

It has not been possible to do much work in my garden, but there are a few bright spots including coneflowers which are one of my favorite flowers. 




Here’s another equally lovely bee. ;-)


This glorious bee needle minder is attached to one of the pieces on which I am currently working. I had purchased this needle minder from Mini Minders on Etsy. Everything about cross stitching is fun. Projects are kept in fun, themed bags and many cross stitchers have far more coordinating needle minders than they could possibly ever need. :-(). 

I cross stitch in hand or use a Q-snap. Recently, I have begun using Nurge hoops like the one pictured above, and they are great. They are easy to hold, provide a larger stitching surface, and do not leave hoop marks.

Who Knew?????

When a friend moved, I took home a snake plant that was not making the move to her new home. I knew little about these plants, which go by a number of  names, other than the fact that they are an easy plant to grow. It has enjoyed life on my sunporch. Here’s the interesting part. . . a week or so ago, I noticed a small stalk emerging. It grew and grew and grew and then this happened!!!



Who knew!!!

Keep cool and have a fun, interesting week. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm partial to cone flowers too! The bloom on the snake plant is so unique. The weather has devastated so much of the country. So many people are affected. I'm glad you are able to take it easy. Stay safe!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete