Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Buzzing by with Another Cross Stitch FFO

 


I finished stitching “Summer Wishes and Bumble Bee Kisses,” a design by Primrose Cottage Stitches, last week and fully finished it yesterday.  I had purchased the hive backing board from 141 Designs a few months back. The plywood boards arrive unfinished, but it was a simple matter to paint them using acrylic paints. The black board on the bottom shows through the cuts in the top adding dimension. 

Yesterday, I was also able to prepare the backing for one of the quilt tops that I finished. Yeah!!! I fortunately already had backing for the second quilt. Making quilt backs is not one of my favorite things to do; the same goes for adding borders!

Fingers crossed that we might get some rain today. There have been some thunderstorms locally over the last few days, but not even a thimbleful where I live. Each of the last six days the temperature has been 95+, but the temperature tomorrow may only be in the high seventies or low eighties. Double Yeah!!!

Keep cool!

1 comment:

  1. Fingers crossed that you will have cooler temperatures. . .you'll probably be reaching for a coat because you aren't used to the high seventies!!! Love that cross stitch finish!--TerryK

    ReplyDelete