Monday, April 5, 2021

Llama, Llamas, Llamas

I hope you had a lovely Easter if you were able to celebrate with your family. This sweet little lop eared bunny and plant were a gift from my godchild and her family and her pets. :-)

 My sewing machine was pleasantly surprised to have gotten a workout lately. I wanted to make an oversized project bag to accommodate my large 11x17 Q Snap frame.  

 
 
I also made a matching grime guard and a bitty board. What is a bitty board you ask? Well, it is a tiny version of a design board. Still confused? Wondering how they are used? Then head on over to Lori Holt's Youtube episode where she explains how to use them and how to make them. Quilters please take note: the designs boards are geared to you, so definitely check them out.

 
 
I enjoy making project bags and finding fittings to make cute zipper pulls.  This little llama charm was perfect for this project bag.

Let me share this poem from Ogden Nash. . . 

The Llama
 
The one -l lama, 
He's a priest;
The two-l llama,
He's a beast.
And I will bet 
A silk pajama
There isn't any
Three-l lllama.
 
I remember pointing out to my English teacher back in high school that we do indeed have 3-alarmers when we have serious fires. (Note to those not from this neck of the words. We sometimes drop our "Rs" when we speak; we also sometimes put them in when they should not be there. :-)

A llama tip . . . Kimberly Jolly of The Fat Quarter Shop in a recent floss tube talked about taking her children who were on spring vacation to a ranch with all kinds of animals including llamas. While feeding the llamas, the guide warned Kimberly and her children that whenever a llama puts his/her ears straight back, get out of there quickly as the llama is about to put his/her head back and spit!!! That's your tip for the day; file it away in your memory bank. :-)

Readers have asked what weight vinyl I use in my bags. I use vinyl with the green printing sheets from Joanns. Their vinyl comes in various weights, but I find this the best weight for my bags.

Here's Emma after her Thursday trip to the groomer. 

St. Colettas School is just down the road from the groomer’s shop, so I stopped in there to see their new shops and to learn when they would again be accepting clothing items and other items for their thrift shop. The new shops are boutique-like, and I found two items. This small gold frame will be perfect for a cross stitch piece.

I also picked up this tiny Campbell Kids item which I will use for a sewing kit. I couldn't help thinking of my mom who said when she was little, folks would say she looked like the Campbell Soup girl.

Oh, one more thing, WHOOPIE, I received my second vaccine shot this morning!!!!!!!

Have a wonderful week. Stay safe and stay creative.


1 comment:

  1. What great finds. Your project bag looks like it is ready to do what it was built to do! The zipper pull is terrific!

    ReplyDelete