Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Surrounded by Color


Since my surgery on the 15th, I have been surrounded by color. It has been grey, rainy, cool, and dismal outside, but not in my house. :-) Wouldn't the soft colors in this close-up make a pretty quilt?










I am tired and sore, but I can honestly say that I am doing great. I haven't had any desire to read or do any quilting, so I have watched hours of mindless TV. I wish I had kept track of how many Hallmark holiday movies I have seen. At this point I could write the scripts for them!!!  I'm not knocking them as they are a pleasant enough diversion.

I did see a blog post at the end of last week on  "English Paper Piecing Hexagons and Grandmother 's Flower Garden Blocks" on a Quilting Life . Her white, grey, and black background is bright and modern and I was hooked. I ordered the pdf of the pattern and have begun working on the hexagons. This blogger also has a number of YouTube tutorials including one on English paper piecing. I've got six made so far. :-) I enjoy hand stitching and these are fun to work on.


Have a colorful week.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your surgery went well. Your hexagons are bright and cheery. I too enjoy the Hallmark movies because they are pleasant diversions! My DH just shakes his head about the Hallmark channel and me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such good news, Janice. Great weather for recovering. Hallmark movies will certainly see you through. Can't wait to see you at one guild meeting or another. All good wishes, Katy Welch

    ReplyDelete