Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lake Winnipesaukee

     At the end of last week, I spent a couple of days in the Lake Winnipesaukee region of New Hampshire.  My cousin's mother-in-law has a wonderful place right on the lake in Moultonborough. I was invited by my cousin to join her, her husband, her lovely mother-in-law, and perhaps the cutest little two year old boy you have ever seen. I had a terrific time. I know it seems unbelievable, but I didn't take any photos other than a quick family shot or two. Since I don't have any photos to post, let me give you a word picture instead. Just imagine sitting in a comfortable recliner on a deck overlooking a sparkling blue lake with mountains in the distance. The only time I raised my head from my reading was when a motorboat pulling a water skier went by, and then it was back to my book. . . total relaxation. There was a trip to the beach, a boat ride around the lake, dinner in Wolfeboro, stops at local craft stores, and of course, a visit to Keepsake Quilting. (There were two ladies in the store who had driven all the way from West Virginia to visit this quilting mecca. Mind you, they weren't in the area for any other reason than to visit this shop. Now I know my non-quilter readers will find that hard to believe, but my quilter friends will think that it wasn't all that  unusual.) All in all, it was a wonderful way to spend a few days.
     The best part, however, was waking up each morning to the joyous sounds of my littlest cousin from downstairs asking, "Where's Janice?" He is the happiest little boy, and for some wonderful reason, he really, really likes me. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Cara Janice, anch'io sono stata al Keepsake quilting è stato un sogno realizzato, capisco cosa hai provato.
    Un abbraccio
    Vania

    ReplyDelete