Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Just for Fun



   
     Just for fun, this morning I decided to work with this small piece of fabric upon which I had tried some surface design techniques last summer. As you can see, this was definitely one of my less successful pieces, so I had no qualms about cutting it up. I inserted narrow strips of coordinating colors, and this how it turned out.


     It was a practice piece, and truthfully not a very successful effort. It's far too busy, so I know that if and when I try this again, I will leave more open space. What will I do with this piece? Who knows? I'll save it and perhaps chop it up again and use it in something else.
     Speaking of fun, yesterday I went to a friend's house for "Game Day." Eight of us ate, laughed, and played Mexican Train which is a domino type game. Today the fun continued as my godchild and her two little girls came for "Ladies Lunch." We played in the snow with Emma, went for  lunch, and later while their mom showed me how to do something in Photoshop Elements, the girls did a great job of sorting by color all of my buttons. Fantastic!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment