Sunday, June 30, 2013

Lego/Race Car Birthday Party


     Yesterday afternoon I attended the fourth birthday party of one of my little cousins. The theme was legos/race cars which are two of his favorite things. This is the Lightning McQueen quilt that I made for him using a purchased inner panel and then adding the wide orange and the outer dark print borders. The reverse side of the quilt features colorful construction vehicles against a deep blue background.


     The birthday boy received lots of cars and trucks, and his little brother who at fifteen months has mastered the art of walking also investigated each unwrapped treasure. Freddie is an enthusiastic and super-polite gift-receiver! As he opened each wondrous gift, he would joyfully announce, "It's just what I wanted. Thank you!" or "Hey guys, look at this. I love it!"  He also received sports-related clothing, books, sport items, etc. What more could a little boy want?
     This was a quilting weekend for me, and I finally made some real progress on the last set of blocks for a BOM  upon which I have been working on and off for the past two years. I'm almost to the point where I can begin assembling all the many, various segments, and I'm absolutely determined to stick with it until the top is completed. I know I have said this before, but this time I really, really mean it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment