Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hibiscus

  


     To brighten up this dreary day, I thought that I would post this photo of one of my two hibiscus plants. The other is a bright pink and while both had beautiful blooms yesterday, I didn't get to shoot them.  I haven't really been doing much of anything since Monday. I foolishly did a bit of furniture moving over the weekend, a definite no-no for my back, and that coupled with some exercise caused some problems. It really started getting bad Monday afternoon. Fortunately, today I am happy to report that I am now able to stand up completely straight which is a huge improvement. Why am I even telling you this? That's because I need some positive energy sent my way so that I will be able to take part in the American Cancer Society's "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk " in Boston on Sunday. I am a four year survivor and one of my friends is also a survivor. We will be joined by some other wonderful friends for the walk. If you or anyone you know has been touched by this horrible disease and you would like to make a donation, please go to Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. Our team name is the "Wednesday Night Quilters."

No comments:

Post a Comment