Monday, May 28, 2018

Memorial Day Weekend 2018

I hope you had a lovely weekend; mine was busy and enjoyable. This was a Stoughton quilting weekend though I have to admit, I did not accomplish all that much as I didn't spend much time there. On Saturday afternoon I attended a family get together which we call "Cousins Day." It's always fun to spend time with my seven little cousins and their parents.

Yesterday afternoon my wonderful godchild came to plant a rose bush that I had recently purchased. I've been wearing my trusty, incredibly stylish, big black boot for the last few weeks and besides not being able to plant the rose, I also hadn't able to go under the porch to turn on my outside faucets so she did that as well. (I'm hoping to be able to put this boot back in the closet very soon as my larger  garden needs lots and lots of work.) Her girls also came which made Emma deliriously happy and later we went to Hornstra Farm in Norwell for ice cream. Though it was a very cool, damp afternoon the parking lot was filled just the same. 



Last fall, I began working on "The Witchy Ladies," a pattern by Sue Pritt of Sweet Season Quilts.   I faithfully followed the colors indicated in the pattern but added a few of my own touches.

Here using two blue, metallic beads and some metallic floss I added a spider to the web. 


Next, I sprinkled notes emanating from the pipe organ.


I also had fun adding Swarovski crystals for eyes and for a sparkly night sky.




You may click on any photo to see a larger image or you could stop in and have your fortune told.



All of Sue Pritt's patterns are very detailed and whimsical. 

2 comments:

  1. It is such a sweet little piece! Bless that godchild!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to visit with family, a perfect way to spend the weekend. Heal up!

    ReplyDelete