Monday, April 23, 2018

Let It BEE



Last week I made another Cheryl Lynch Mini-Mosiac. Her fabric kits finish at 11x14. Some day I may use her technique to create a larger piece, but with so many things on my plate right now that will just have to wait.

I brought the piece out to photograph it on the floor of the sunporch, but that was not an easy task as my assistant, Miss Emma, in her attempts to examine the piece up close kept getting into the photos.



Here are all the cross stitched pieces for the borders of the Lori Holt "Let's Bake 2" quilt. These 4 and 1/2" blocks will be the centers of the blocks on the outer border of the quilt. I have enjoyed stitching them at night while watching TV.  I'll work on finishing these blocks at an upcoming quilt retreat.



I'd like to make a movie recommendation, The Post which deals with the attempts to publish the Pentagon Papers. I had intended to see it at the theater when it came out, but somehow didn't get around to it, so the other night I watched it On Demand . In these 'interesting' times, it is well worth watching.

The most important line came at the end of the movie quoting Judge Hugo Black writing for the Supreme Court majority that decided the case in favor of the press.

"In the First Amendment, the Founding Fathers gave the press the
protection it must have to fulfill its essential role in our democracy.  The press
was to serve the governed, not the governors."  



"If of thy mortal goods thou are bereft,
And from thy slender store two loaves 
alone to thee are left, sell one, and with'
the dole buy hyacinths to feed the soul.

                                                  - Saadi, Persian poet of the medieval period

2 comments:

  1. My bicycle kit from Cheryl arrived last week. I loved your bee and your cross stitch blocks are going to make a fabulous border!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bicycle mosaic is cute, but be careful as it is hard to do just one . . . :-)

    ReplyDelete