Sunday, March 25, 2018

Sunday Sampler and Sock Bunnies




Every bunny needs some bunny sometimes . . .  My cousins Miss L and Miss T spent the night with Emma and me while their parents attended a fundraiser on Saturday.  These girls enjoy doing crafts, so I found directions here for these adorable sock bunnies. The sock snowmen that we had made at Christmas were a hit, so I knew they would enjoy making these as well.

The directions call for rice-filled standing bunnies, but Miss T. (age 9) had other ideas. She bent and glued one head down on the sock body so it appear as if the bunny is lying down on its haunches. She also took the bits of lace from the top of the stocking to create a tutu for the pink bunny. You have to love that creativity. When we do "Crafting Fun with Auntie Janice," I provide the materials, lead them through the steps, and then step back to see what they will do. :-)

It was a busy week, but I did manage to accomplish a bit. 


Tonight I will finish sewing the binding on this 'beary' cute panel quilt which I will be bringing to our next guild meeting to donate to DCF (the Department of Children and Family services.) The backing is a cuddly soft flannel with violet and pink flowers and butterflies.


This hockey pillowcase will go to the group which works with the children of soldiers who are being deployed. The younger children get quilts while the older children prefer pillowcases.

In case you were wondering, I still haven't got my new (4,605 miles) car back from the dealer. There seems to be an issue getting a particular part. They were able to get two of them but still need a third. Needless to say, I am not happy. It has now been six business days. The loaner car is fine, but I want mine back.

On Friday, I was in Stoughton with my monthly quilting group when I accidentally sewed over a pin. Kaboom!!! That sewing machine is also in the repair shop. My dryer is beginning to sound a bit noisy . . . I sure hope it doesn't get any funny ideas about acting up, too!

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about the car and the sewing machine in for repairs as not having access to either really puts a damper on the day! Driving a loaner car is not the same! I LOVED your description of the sock bunnies and Miss T! One has to love creativity! :) I hope the car and the machine are up and running soon!

    ReplyDelete