Sunday, January 21, 2018

Joy in Patriots' Nation


Unbelievable, but true,  the New England Patriots have once again won the AFC Championship and Tom Brady, The G.O.A.T, in two weeks will be leading us all to the LII Super Bowl in Minneapolis!!!


That even put a smile on the usual grumpy face of  Coach Bill Belichick.

 
I find it stressful being a football fan, but we have come to trust in Tom and the Coach and know the team simply won't give up. Now we just have to be sure that Gronk is healthy to play.

Yesterday afternoon I did something that I have never done before. I attended a puppy shower; that's right, a puppy shower! The daughter of my neighbor recently got a puppy, so my neighbor thought it would be fun to have a party to meet the new little one . . . a perfectly wonderful excuse for a party on a grey January afternoon.)  There were paw print balloons, puppy napkins and plates, dip and chips served in little plastic dog bowls, mini hot dogs, bone shaped sugar cookies, and these pug puppy favor cupcakes. It was all very creative and great fun, and the puppy, Elvis Pugsley, was cuddly and adorable.  He appeared unfazed by all of his gifts: toys, treats, outfits, etc., but the humans got a chuckle out of seeing them. 


So what have I been doing on the quilting front this past week? Well, I have eleven completed blocks from Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt, On Ringo Lake. I've also been doing a great deal of cutting of fabric in preparation for a new Lori Holt quilt-along which starts tomorrow. The quilt is called "Let's Bake." It looks as if it , too, will be great fun, and as you know if you follow this blog, I'm all about having fun. :-) At this point, I intend to make many of the blocks, but then use them in a wall hanging to display in my kitchen rather than a large quilt. We'll see how it goes . . .

Have a wonderful week.

2 comments:

  1. The puppy shower sounded like a lot of fun. I'm a Tom Brady fan so you know which team I'll be rooting for in a few weeks! Enjoy stitching and making progress on your projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you are a Tom Terrific fan. :-) :-) :-)

      Delete