Tuesday, January 30, 2018

All Good Things


While the snow was gently falling this morning, I finished stitching this sweet little wool piece. The pattern,  "All Good Things," is from Calico Patch Designs.  I didn't purchase the kit but used colors from my wool stash which were very similar to the photo on the pattern.


As you can see, I've also been baking. :-0 This block of pies was from week one of Lori Holt's "Let's Bake quilt." I bought the kit for this quilt and let me tell you, I spent a week doing all of the cutting. She has you pre-cut the fabric and stabilizer for each block and put each in separate marked freezer bags. It was a relief to finally get everything prepped, and I know that I am going to enjoy working on this project.

Over the weekend I went to my monthly quilting group in Stoughton and diligently worked on blocks for Bonnie Hunter's On Ringo Lake mystery quilt. Now, I know what you are thinking . . . why doesn't she just concentrate on one project at a time? Nah, that would make way too much sense. :-)

Yesterday I met friends for a fun breakfast, and today I was to meet another group for lunch, but the snow cancelled those plans. I must say, however, it was the loveliest type of fluffy, easy to shovel snow. Emma had a ball racing around in it while I watched from the porch.

Well, my shoveling is done, so I think I'll go do some sewing.

Have a wonderful week.

1 comment:

  1. Your snowman is super cute and those pies are sweet! I hear you about the prep . .it is great to get that part completed early on as it is much more fun to play!

    ReplyDelete