Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Holly Jolly Good Times


I am happy to say that I have finished stitching this wool piece which was a pattern from Buttermilk Basin.

It looks sweet in this corner of my dining room.


It has been a fun two days. Last night, the Dancing Queens met for a holiday dinner at the Scarlet Oak Tavern in Hingham. These lovely ladies were all fellow teachers with whom I worked in Weymouth, and we have known each other for many, many, many years. Thanks to Carol, our social secretary, we try to get together every month or two. It's wonderful! [Let me explain our name for those who may be new to my blog. The first time we got together we went to see the movie Mamma Mia  with Meryl Streep . . . hence our choice of name. :-) We are all retired now, but the fun and friendship is as strong as ever.]

This morning I attended a holiday luncheon of the Crosstown Quilters Guild. One of the members brought in a beautiful selection of her treasured nutcrackers to grace each table. Here are just a few:




There was delicious food and lots of laughter, and you can't ask for anything more. The only unfortunate thing was that the guild meeting prevented me from going to lunch with another group of teacher friends. This group also meets each month, and hopefully, I will make their next lunch. Yes, I know what you are thinking . . . I am a lucky lady and life is very good!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great name. . .Dancing Queens!!! Yes, you are a fortunate lady. Enjoy every opportunity to catch up on those friendships!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the wool piece!!!!!

    ReplyDelete