Sunday, December 10, 2017

First Snow of the Season


The trees were dressed in glistening white early this morning, and the sky was briefly a deep, clear  blue before later clouding over. I grabbed my camera to capture these snow bedecked ornaments.




Yesterday at our holiday Herring Run Quilt Guild meeting, MaryAnn, who follows my blog, gave me two adorable gold toned teddy bear Christmas tree pins to add to my collection.



I finished my nine patches for Part 1 of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt, "On Ringo Lake." 


Speaking of trees and ornaments, my White House ornaments are this year displayed on a small white tree, and yes, that is indeed a replica of the Lincoln memorial under the tree. 



 I am, you see,  a bit of a history geek. How serious am I? Well, this afternoon I ordered Ron Chernow's biography of Ulysses S. Grant which I believe is over nine hundred pages. I have eclectic taste in reading, and sometimes I crave something of substance; this book should fill the bill. :-)  I'll let you know how it goes.

Have a wonderful week.

5 comments:

  1. The naturally bedecked ornaments are beautiful! My hat is off to you to read such a biography. I enjoyed your teddy bear tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boughs were so bent down with the wet snow that I accidentally crushed one. . . not one of these, a smaller one. Oops! :-)
      I enjoy “light” reading, too, but Grant was such an interesting figure that I thought I would learn a lot from reading this book.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. We only received about four inches, and it is already melting away. It was very, very pretty, but compared to what the rest of the winter will bring, it was only a warm up. :-)

      Delete
  3. Janice those photos of the ornaments and real snow were so so pretty! I am really enjoying having snow all around! It makes everything look so bright!

    ReplyDelete