Thursday, October 26, 2017

Happy Halloween Quilt




At our last Herring Run Quilt Guild show in 2016, a member displayed a Halloween themed quilt based on Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks. (Note: The book does not come spiraled bound, but I brought it to Staples to have that done as it makes it much easier to work with that way.) I was so taken by the member's quilt that I decided to make one, too, as I had lots of Halloween-themed fabric left over from my little cousin Miss T.'s quilt. My original plan was to create a wall hanging, but I got carried away and it grew and grew. I even added a six inch piano key border that made it a twin bed size quilt.




 Each corner features these stylized black cats.



Here's the yummy backing fabric. Don't you wish candy corn was really a vegetable. . .

 

I already had more than enough Halloween decorations, but I couldn't resist this decoration on sale at Michael's. It's the sophisticated touch of elegance for which I am known. :-)   :-)   :-)


And, of course,  any room or sun porch needs a touch of purple . . .



1 comment:

  1. What???? Candy corn isn't a vegetable??? Seriously, great Halloween quilt. How terrific to use "left overs" to create new and sometimes, the quilt one is stitching decides just what "size" it wants to be irregardless of what one had in mind at the beginning of the project!!! :) That stocking decoration contains just the right amount of elegance!

    ReplyDelete