Sunday, October 8, 2017

Apple Picking Time




It's apple picking time! On Wednesday, which was an early release day for my little cousins, I went with my cousin Kristin and her two girls, her friend and her two girls, and her friend's mom to  Honey Pot Hill Farm in Stow, MA. It was a gorgeous afternoon and a good time was had by all.


Yesterday at our Herring Run Quilt Guild meeting my friend Edith showed this adorable quilt, and I asked if I could share it with you. The pattern, "Grow Up Tall Giraffe," is available from its designer at Bean Counter Quilts where you will find many other cute patterns. I might be sticking my long neck out, but I'm betting the new parents will be beyond thrilled.


Autumn color is quite sparse here south of Boston. We need a few cold nights to start the change. These photos are from my garden.



This past week I've been new car shopping and have test driven many possibilities. Since I only buy a car about every ten years, I study up, watch all of the youtube reviews, and read everything I can on each model. Car buying can be stressful, so I like to be as prepared as I possibly can be. I am pretty sure now what will be my next car. Also, this week I am excited to be attending a two-day fiber arts workshop taught by Betty Busby from New Mexico. The workshop is through the Quilters Connection guild in Waltham of which I am a member. Yes, I am a member of three guilds; Crosstown Quilters being the third. If interested, I believe each of these guilds has a few spots open for new members.

It has been a week since we learned of the unspeakable mass shooting in Las Vegas with so many lives lost and so many lives changed forever. It's difficult to stay positive when we are continually bombarded by news that makes us sad, angry, and disheartened.

I wish us all a week without stress and days filled with simple pleasures.

1 comment:

  1. That giraffe is darn cute and the new parents ought to be thrilled! How fun to spend some time picking apples and on a nice day which makes it an even better experience!

    ReplyDelete