Monday, May 1, 2017

Quilt for a Veteran


I am happy to report that I finally finished this quilt for a veteran. The pattern was Jennie Dolan's "Half Square Triangles Around the World Quilt".  This Missouri Star Quilting tutorial on YouTube can be found here. Actually, the top had been done for about a year, but I had not got around to quilting it until last week. I do tend to procrastinate and take on way too many projects. :-)

It was a lovely day on Saturday when my cousin Freddie received his first Holy Communion. He looked quite proud and handsome in his grey three-piece suit, and there was a fun party later to celebrate. Yesterday, two of my other little cousins were in a wonderful dance recital. I may be just a tad prejudiced, but I thought they were two of the cutest, most talented dancers. In truth, for each number the stage was filled with happy, confident, young dancers. The littlest ones were beyond adorable.

 As I mentioned in a previous post, I enjoy Anna's videos from her Woolie Mammoth blog. She sometimes posts videos of her visits to quilt shops while on her RV travels with her husband and dog Enzo and encourages viewers to contact the quilt shop if interested in anything seen in the video.  Well, I did just that after watching her visit to The Old World Quilt Shoppe in Cave Creek, Arizona. What a delightful shop! In today's mail I received these two kits that had caught my eye. The kits are a combination of both fabric and wool.


Here's a better look at Bless This House; isn't it cute! For now, I'll tuck these away in my wool projects drawer. Either would be a fun project to take along on a quilting retreat.


Finally, this blog is all about quilting, crafting, fun, photography, life, etc., and I for the most part  avoid any political comments. But, since this is my journal, I'd like to comment on our President's recent Reuters interview.

I loved my previous life. I had so many things going. This is more 
work than my previous life. I thought it would be easier.

He thought it would be easier . . . leader of one of the most powerful nations on earth . . . commander-in-chief of the mightiest fighting force in the free world  . . . He thought it would be easier. Later, the President stated he would be "honored" to meet with various brutal dictators who are universally condemned for their human rights violations. Still later, he praised President Andrew Jackson whom he greatly admires. He spoke of how upset Jackson was about the Civil War, and he wondered why the problems that led to that war could not have been resolved.  . . . Andrew Jackson died sixteen years before the Civil War.

All this in one weekend.
God help us, bless us, and keep us safe!!! End of commentary . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment