Sunday, August 21, 2016

Pretty in Pink


Wow! I haven't posted since Aug. 11th. I blame it on the heat. It's not that I haven't been busy or productive; in fact, I've done more quilting in the last week or so than I think I have in the last couple of months. It's been too hot to do much else, but stay inside and quilt. I'm not gardening since many of my plants are pretty crispy at this point. I'm not complaining though as I'll take scorching hot, humid days over the flooding that the folks in Louisiana are dealing with or the wild fires in some of our western states. I'd much rather face New England's heat and humidity or snow and cold.

So,  besides going to lunch with friends, practicing my flute, making token appearances at the gym, etc... what have I been working on? Well, for starters, I made this table runner to donate to the silent auction at the upcoming Herring Run Quilters' Guild Show. That's right; mark your calendars for September 17th and 18th. You can find more details about the location and times here.  Even if you are not a quilter, do come and see all of the beautiful work which will be on display. You will be amazed!!!

I've completed all twenty blocks for the "You've Got Mail" quilt, and I'll show some of the other pieces that I have been working on soon, but I wanted to show you what I received in the mail the other day from fellow blogger Luann Fischer of Let's Create Today. She had left a comment on one of my post asking if I would like a goodie bag of lace snippets.  What a treat and such a thoughtful gesture!!! I have in mind to do a small Halloween themed crazy quilt piece, so the black lace will come in handy.


 Stay cool, pray for rain, and enjoy the week ahead. :-)

2 comments:

  1. That Luann is such a giver! What a fun package to receive. I look forward to seeing your Halloween themed piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad they put a smile on your face.

    ReplyDelete