Tuesday, June 7, 2016

This and That




My neighbors had a yard sale a few weeks ago, and at the end of the day some unsold items including this ladder were placed at the curb.  I saw the possibilities, so I took it home. After a bit of Murphy's Oil Soap to recondition the wood, it's now displaying some vintage embroidered tea towels on my sunporch.

Then I remembered this washboard in the basement, so I used the Murphy Oil Soap on it as well. Sunnyland . . . wouldn't that be a lovely place to live where I imagine the people would always be cheerful and bright? Emma seems to approve of this display as well.


On Saturday, after the last meeting for the season of the Herring Run Quilt Guild, I went with a friend to the Irish Festival in Canton. There were four stages with non-stop entertainment, vendors,  and activities for children. I had gone specifically to hear John McDermott, and he didn't disappoint. It was a lovely day and a lovely way to spend an afternoon. If you enjoy Irish music and culture, be sure to attend next year.  

Finally, yesterday there was nothing on my calendar, so I intended to spend the day gardening. I lugged out a shovel, a pitchfork, pruners, etc., but then the heat and humidity got to me and the tools went back into the garage for another day. With free time, I decided to use my time constructively and quilt a piece that I had last worked on back in October 2014!!!  Why so long? Well, I was afraid that I might ruin it when I went to quilt it. I'm happy to say that it turned out well, and I'll share a photo in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment